Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why wasn't my return sent to CRA on time 2 years in a row?

I have filed using Turbo Tax 4 years in a row now. I noticed this year I didn't get my return back, despite filing before the deadline. When I checked my status with CRA it was marked as Not Received. I then checked the status of my return from 2017 and that one was NOT RECEIVED as well. 

I finished the process for both years using the online software. So, I don't understand why they are not fully submitting. I also don't understand how Turbo Tax can bill me 2 years in a row but not send me an update that my returns have been sitting in limbo on their site. It now appears that I am filling late for both years in a row due to this fault of the site. 

Is there a way you can verify that my last two returns have been filed now? I am still un-trusting of the site now. I also am wondering if I am eligible for any kind of compensation since I am going to be getting hit with late fee's at the fault of Turbo Tax. 

If nothing is going to be done, then this will be the last time I ever use Turbo Tax services. This is the worst filing experience I have ever had. 

1 Reply

Why wasn't my return sent to CRA on time 2 years in a row?

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.  Please give our customer support a call using the following FAQ.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013