Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomas147

I am a single parent with an 8 year old child. Is it correct that I can claim her as an equivalent to spouse credit . AND AS A DEPENDANT CHILD

I am a single parent with an 8 year old child. Is it correct that I can claim her as an equivalent to spouse credit which is $11,138.00. AND AS A DEPENDANT CHILD FOR $2255.00 for a total credit of $3393? Thanks I need to make sure before I send in my taxes

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
fuzzy

I am a single parent with an 8 year old child. Is it correct that I can claim her as an equivalent to spouse credit . AND AS A DEPENDANT CHILD

Yes.  As a single parent you are entitled to both for the 2014 and prior years returns.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

where do I make the claim for equivalent to spouse
fuzzy

Yes.  As a single parent you are entitled to both for the 2014 and prior years returns.

piegirl

Where do I do this?
rpolard

yes please respond.  WHere do i do this?
brnatalie

Where do I find the spouse credit before I file mine? I'm a single parent and have a 7 year old child. Thank you.