Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blaise756

. You are reporting a qualifying retroactive lump-sum payment on Form T1198 .I picked yes by mistake now I cant netfile and it won't let me go back .how do I change this

I dont even know what this is I need help
5 Replies

. You are reporting a qualifying retroactive lump-sum payment on Form T1198 .I picked yes by mistake now I cant netfile and it won't let me go back .how do I change this

As per CRA-  If you receive a lump-sum payment, it appears on your Form T4A, Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity and Other Income, or your Form T3, Statement of Trust Income Allocations and Designations.

To fix the error message, you will have to go back to the "Income" section and click on the Slip that was entered and click on "Edit" to view what was entered and in which boxes to make sure they were entered correctly.  Once corrected/deleted then click on continue. Then you can return to the "Review" section to make sure that there is no error message and file your return.

I got the same message-same problem

@Kenn Campbell Please try Brenda's solution above. If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

I can't change anything. I got $193.89 interest on my savings account on a T5. I did NOT get any T1198. I don't even know what that form is! So I've paid to e-file and can't e-file!

@Kenn Campbell If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.