Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your province of self-employment is different from your province of residence. TTO does not support Multijurisdictional returns. Review your entries CAN I FIX THAT?

I couldn't fix the error either, even after I clicked off the self employment box. I just ended up putting the same address where it asked me. 

jfisher4
Returning Member

Your province of self-employment is different from your province of residence. TTO does not support Multijurisdictional returns. Review your entries CAN I FIX THAT?

did you fix???

nolsfry

I've also been fighting with this for hours now. SO FRUSTRATING! I ended up just putting n/a in all the boxes for the address. What a joke turbo tax is.

jfisher4
Returning Member

Yeah, I just put my husbands business address, where his T4 is from.  He is not self employed.  Ridiculous really. 

Unfortunately, the link in your post is dead and gave me this result: "We're sorry, we can't find the page you requested. You may have clicked on an article that has been deleted or outdated."

Here is some information you would have seen it the link. You might be told by the software that you are self-employed if you've entered an amount from any of the boxes on the slips listed here, you have what the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) considers to be self-employment or business income:

T4 slip: box 81, 82 or 83
T4A slip: box 20 or 48
T4A slip: box 28 and you selected Yes to the question Does the income declared in Box 028 consist of fees collected for services you provided? in TurboTax Online (needs to say NO to indicate no self-employment)
T3 slip: box 24 (foreign business income)

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.