- Select Find in the upper-right area.
- In the Find window, type "Provincial".
- Select Provincial tax credit profile from the list of results, then select Go.
- On the Your Provincial Profile for 20xx step, select the checkbox for NEW! Climate Action Incentive (CAI) federal credit for residents of [province].
- Select the Continue button until you reach the Climate Action Incentive step.
- On the Climate Action Incentive step:
- Choose the option that best matches your situation, then select Continue.
- If you're married and filing your return with your spouse/partner, select Continue.
- On the Let's see if you qualify for Climate Action Incentive step, answer the questions, then select Continue.
- On the Good news! You qualify for the Climate Action Incentive step, answer the question(s), then select Continue.
- If you're married and filing your return with your spouse/partner, TurboTax will ask you to choose yourself or your spouse to claim the Climate Action Incentive for your family. Your choice will not change the amount your family is entitled to unless one of you lives in a rural area. In that case, TurboTax recommends that the person living in the rural area claim the credit so they can receive a 10% supplement.
- If you don't have dependants, skip this step. If you have eligible dependants, answer the questions on the Let's see if your dependant(s) qualify step, then select Continue. If your dependants aren't eligible, select Continue.
The Congratulations! You're eligible to receive a tax benefit this year step appears, confirming you successfully claimed the Climate Action Incentive. It also shows the amount you received for the Climate Action Incentive.
Note: The amount from the Climate Action Incentive is included in the 2018 tax refund section at the top-left of TurboTax; it was added automatically when you started your return.
The Climate Action Incentive applies to Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and New Brunswick for tax year 2018.