- Select Find in the upper-right area.
- In the Find window, type "Provincial tax."
- Select Provincial Tax Credit Profile from the list of results, then select Go.
- On the Your Provincial Profile step, select the checkbox for NEW! Climate Action Incentive (CAI) federal credit available for residents of [province].
- Select the Continue button until you reach the Climate Action Incentive step.
- On the Climate Action Incentive step, answer the questions, then select Continue.
- On the Good news! You qualify for the Climate Action Incentive step, answer the question(s), then select Continue.
- If you are married, TurboTax will ask you to choose yourself or your spouse to claim the Climate Action Incentive for your family. Your choice will not change the amount your family is entitled to unless one of you lives in a rural area. In that case, TurboTax will let you know who should claim the credit.
- If you are married and filing your return separately from your spouse and have indicated that your spouse will claim the Climate Action Incentive, you are now done answering questions about the Climate Action Incentive and can continue completing your return.
- If you do not have dependents, skip this step. If you have dependents, answer the questions on the Let’s see if your dependant(s) qualify step, then select Continue.
The Congratulations! You’re eligible to receive a tax benefit this year step appears, confirming you successfully claimed the Climate Action Incentive. It also shows the amount you received for the Climate Action Incentive.
Note: The amount you’re owed from the Climate Action Incentive is included in the 2018 tax refund section at the top-left of TurboTax; it was added automatically when you started your return.
The Climate Action Incentive applies to Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Yukon and New Brunswick for tax year 2018.