Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Intuit

How do I enter the contributions I made to a labor-sponsored venture capital corporation (LSVCC) fund?

Labor-sponsored venture capital corporations, or LSVCCs, are Canadian corporations created by a union which deal exclusively in providing venture capital (funding in exchange for growth potential).  

If you have made contributions to a LSVCC, you will need to record these amounts on your return. Select your version of TurboTax (and province of residence), from the options below to get started.  

For online versions of TurboTax:

1. Select the magnifying glass icon (or Find), then type RRSP Profile and select Go.
  2. Select Made RRSP contributions during 2018 or the first 60 days of 2019, then select Continue.
  3. On the RRSP contribution entry step, enter the amounts from your T5006 (Residents of Québec: Enter your RL-10 slip amounts again).

1. In the Provincial section of TurboTax, select the venture capital tax credit from the list provided.
  2. Enter the information requested for the form.
  3. Enter information for your T5006 (if applicable).

1. In the Provincial section of TurboTax, select the option for venture capital tax credit from the list provided.
  2. Enter the credit amount from your investment certificates, then select Continue.

For CD/Download versions of TurboTax:

1. Select the magnifying glass icon (or Find), then type LSVCC Credit and select Go.
  2. On the LSVCC Credit entry step, enter the amounts from your T5006 slip, then select Continue.

1. Select the magnifying glass icon (or Find), then type LSVCC and select Go.
  2. The LSVCC – Provincial/Territorial form will open.
  3. Enter information in the fields provided, using your SVBC 10 Certificate (if applicable).

1. Select the magnifying glass icon (or Find), then type LSVCC and select Go.
  2. The LSVCC – Provincial/Territorial form will open.
  3. Enter information in the fields provided, using Form NSLSV 10 (if applicable)

Related information:

How do I enter RRSP contributions in TurboTax?

What are unused RRSP contributions and how do I enter them in TurboTax?

How do I enter the contributions I made to a PRPP, an Amateur Athlete Trust, the Saskatchewan Pension Plan or a U.S. retirement plan?

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in