Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ihanley65

CRA Netfile claims, no province indicated on T2091 Form for residence but I have both the Country Code (USA) and Prov/Terr (CA) as this was my house I sold in California

I sold my house in California, Jan 2017 and moved back to Canada. I had to file US Taxes and included the house on that. Do I need to account for this on my Canadian return? I have tried but the CRA returns that the Province or State is missing on the T2019, but when I check the file it is there. Is this a CRA issue or a TurboTax issue with the NetFile? And do I really need to include that house on my Canadian return since I had to do a US return?

4 Replies
rsslack

CRA Netfile claims, no province indicated on T2091 Form for residence but I have both the Country Code (USA) and Prov/Terr (CA) as this was my house I sold in California

Did you ever resolve this issue as I have the same issue

rsslack

I don't believe your reply is accurate 

Yes, you will need to claim it on your Canadian return- But you won't be taxed on it because of the treaty. 

Did you enter this in the foreign tax slip? T1135 should be filled out. 

2020JJ

did you resolve this issue. any idea how to fix this issue? I got this : 

problem when filing-2.jpg