Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does "Medical Receipt" caption "Amount" mean The total drug cost, The amount insurance paid, or The amount I paid out of pocket ? what does "Less: Reimbursement" mean?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does "Medical Receipt" caption "Amount" mean The total drug cost, The amount insurance paid, or The amount I paid out of pocket ? what does "Less: Reimbursement" mean?

You may claim any amount of qualified Medical expense that has not been reimbursed.

So if the total drug cost is $100.00, and your plan pays 80% or $80 of that, you may only claim the amount remaining , ie (100-80) = $20.00

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You may claim any amount of qualified Medical expense that has not been reimbursed.

So if the total drug cost is $100.00, and your plan pays 80% or $80 of that, you may only claim the amount remaining , ie (100-80) = $20.00

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your question.  If you are under medical expenses and have select Medical Expenses Receipt the amount depends on the what you entered in your type field.  less reimbursement, is less the amount either found on your T4 or covered by your insurance plan.

I hope this helps.

Leeanne@TurboTax