Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RS8

Does the amount TurboTax displays that I owe include the late penalty?

I am filling a 2013 late and I owe money.  Does the amount TurboTax displays that I owe include the late penalty or do I need to calculate the amount owed myself to include the penalty? 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
fuzzy

TurboTax does not calculate the penalties or interest.  You can estimate these amounts if you choose to do so and include them in your payment.  In any case, CRA will calculate the applicable late filing penalty and interest and advise you of the amount on your Notice of Assessment

View solution in original post

2 Replies
fuzzy

TurboTax does not calculate the penalties or interest.  You can estimate these amounts if you choose to do so and include them in your payment.  In any case, CRA will calculate the applicable late filing penalty and interest and advise you of the amount on your Notice of Assessment

fuzzy

Just one additional thought, if you have not already filed your 2013 return and plan on net filing this return, you only have until about mid January to do this.  After that time, this option will not be available and you will have to paper file the 2013 return.