Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change place of residence on dec. 31/2018 on my tax return??

I, by mistake, entered alberta as place of residence on dec. 31/2018 when I should have entered british Columbia.  tried to change it 0nline but would not allow me.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You’ll need to contact the CRA regarding this issue, especially if you have submitted a provincial to the wrong province. If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. If you are somewhere else you can call 613-940-8495. Here are more ways to contact the CRA: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/telephone-numbers.html

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Have you already NETFILEd your return?

Yes, and have received assessment

You’ll need to contact the CRA regarding this issue, especially if you have submitted a provincial to the wrong province. If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. If you are somewhere else you can call 613-940-8495. Here are more ways to contact the CRA: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/telephone-numbers.html

bal-boora

i transferred 2019 return personal information over to 2020. it had BC as my province of residence.

but i am living in Alberta since june 2020. how coul i change BC to Alberta?

To help you with this question, we have included images below. Once inside your return, you will enter Province in the Find icon at the top right of your screen and continue to follow the indicated steps below.

The next screen will open where you can correct the name of the province you lived in.

Thank you for using TurboTax.