Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jordan7

Help fixing NETFILE error

It won't let me NETFILE and gives the error "You have exceeded the maximum number of employment or business income statements allowed through NETFILE. You cannot have a combined total of more than six sets of financial statements from rental operations, self-employment, employment expenses, T5013 or T3, box 24."

I only have employment income and self-employment income so I'm not sure what is causing it.

Any help appreciated 

4 Replies

Review any additional schedules created in error under the "Income" tab > "Self-employment" and self-employment summary. There should only be one business showing. If you have more than one you will need to verify that it is blank and delete this.  You may have to repeat this step under "Income" > "Rental "Properties.

Also confirm on the detailed tax summary that you do not have any claim for Employment Expenses at Line 229.

DETAILED SUMMARY

You can find a detailed summary of your tax return under the "Review" tab > "Bottom Line (tax summaries)"> then look for the paper and magnifying glass icon in the lower left hand corner, select "Detailed Tax Summary". You will have a line by line sample of the Federal Tax.

Hi Terry, I have 6 rental and have employment income and self-employment income. what can i do to NETFILE my tax? Thank you.

Can you help me

@BkCohoon41  Can you give us more details about your problem? Also, please be aware that NETFILE isn't open until Monday, so you'll have to come back then to file your return.