Canada Français United States of America English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
i_paytaxes
Returning Member

How can I answer this CIA questions?

I am so confused here to answer, please help. Why would TurboTax ask this questions very unprofessional way. I have attached the questions please help. I am married, live with spouse and have 2 under 10yrs old kids. If I answer NO to below questions, my CIA dependent credit shows $0, if I say "YES" to those questions then I get $75 credit for each child. Here an example of the question,

Not confined to a prison or a similar institution for a period of at least 90 days during 2020?

Well, my child has not been confined to a prison ect..so I have to have to answer "NO" correct or "YES" to above question? Please check the attach picture and help me to answer. Thank you!20210622_162612.jpg20210622_162631.jpg

1 Reply
dariak
Level 2

How can I answer this CIA questions?

We apologize for the confusion - as it is saying your child was not confined to a prison or similar institution for a period of at least 90 days during 2020 - You would say "YES", because it is saying they were "NOT" in prison, meaning that the statement is correct.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. You should answer "YES" to all the statements that are true and applicable to your children. 

v