Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 30, 2019 11:43:06 PM

How do i claim daycare costs in quebec if i moved to quebec mid year? daycare providers are in another province but i am filing my taxes in quebec.

i only have the daycare receipts.  when i enter the amounts, i get errors when i try to file with revenue quebec as it appears they do not recognize these daycare providers.

0 5 3371
1 Best answer
Level 13
Oct 30, 2019 11:43:13 PM

You do not fill out the RL 24, simply enter the amount in the Daycare receipt!

5 Replies
Level 13
Oct 30, 2019 11:43:07 PM

You've applied your daycare receipt? What error code are you getting when attempting to file with RQ?

Oct 30, 2019 11:43:09 PM

I applied my daycare receipt information first in the child care receipt summary section then it prompts me to the relevé 24 slips where i enter the full amount in row c only.  when i try to file with RQ i get 2 warnings 1)"The contribution set by the government that you paid for childcare services is not considered an eligible child care expense on your Québec return. If you received benefits from this program, ensure that the amounts entered on Relevé 24 are correct."
2) The identification number or the social insurance number (SIN) of the person who provided day care services is missing or it includes only letters.

the daycare providers are in BC.  I moved to quebec in august.
should i also enter the full amount in column D on the relevé24 slip?  or not enter anything in the relevé24 slips?

Thank you for any guidance.

Oct 30, 2019 11:43:10 PM

Thank you!  That did fix that problem but now I owe money:(  So will i get any money back for my daycare expenses?  

Level 13
Oct 30, 2019 11:43:11 PM

It all depends on your personal situation. I wish I could make it better :( But I am glad you got it resolved!!

Level 13
Oct 30, 2019 11:43:13 PM

You do not fill out the RL 24, simply enter the amount in the Daycare receipt!