Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maruce

How do I remove medical expenses? In my Profile, I indicated I had none, and I never entered any amounts, yet an amount continues to appear on my Tax Summary

4 Replies

How do I remove medical expenses? In my Profile, I indicated I had none, and I never entered any amounts, yet an amount continues to appear on my Tax Summary

Did you transfer in your info from last year? You may have had some medical expenses that carried forward into your current year return.

Do you have any Premiums paid to private medical/hospital plans on your T4 or T4a? Those premiums are deductible as a medical expense, and will show up on your tax summary as Line 33099 Medical Expenses for self, spouse/partner and dependant children.

maruce

That's exactly what it was. Thank you very much

JHARLEA

What if I don't have premiums paid in box 85, no valid medical expenses, how do I remove the amount in line 33099 that appears in my tax summary?  I have the same issue as the initial question, how do I fix it?  I am using the Turbo Tax online version.

JHARLEA

I checked the amount showing in line 33099, it's the total premiums paid by me and my spouse, it shouldn't come up because it's way less than either of our allowable medical expense amount.  Is it a system gliche? Please help...