Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted May 1, 2023 8:14:18 AM

How to remove the work from home tax credit in the online version

Turbotax is giving me the employment expense deduction for working from home during Covid, when I am not entitled to it.  I am using the online version and I cannot seem to remove it.

0 5 566
5 Replies
Returning Member
May 1, 2023 8:25:25 AM

Hello - 

In the "Employment Expenses" section in Turbotax Online product, you will see the following screen asking if you had any Employment expenses.

May 1, 2023 8:33:24 AM

Thank you, but I have not selected any options to be entitled to the credit.  Everything is set to No.  I cannot find a way to remove it from my allowed credits.

Level 2
May 1, 2023 8:38:11 AM

Hello @rowleez,

You might be able to find "t4 employment income" on the left side of the screen, under T-slips, and if you scroll down that page there is the question "Will you claim employment expenses for working at home due to COVID-19 for income on this T4?", can you change that to "NO" ?

May 1, 2023 8:55:00 AM

Thank you for your response, I did find that, and had not originally selected an option.  I selected No, but the credit is still sitting there even with the change and re-saving it.

May 1, 2023 5:18:47 PM

@rowleez If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.