Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a non-resident. Why does the Statement of worldwide income not auto-populate based on my earlier answers?

2 Replies

I am a non-resident. Why does the Statement of worldwide income not auto-populate based on my earlier answers?

If you are a non-resident, you do not have to report foreign income to the CRA and only have to file an income tax return in Canada if you have Canadian income such as pension payments or capital gains due to property disposal.

Please visit our Turbotax article on Foreign Income and Tax Treaties to learn more about foreign income treatments for non-residents.

Please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter  for further assistance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry but this answer doesn't make sense. If you're non-resident for whole year and the ONLY income is from interest earned in Canadian bank for example, you would need to add it to the Statement of World Income. This income should show up under line 16900 but Turbotax doesn't show this line in the detailed summary, thus the original question why doesnt Turbotax auto-populate the income section form whats inputted into Statement of World Income?