Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

I am on the Private Medical Plans page under Deductions. There is a box for Quebec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan premiums 2016, what goes here?

I am on the Private Medical Plans page under Deductions. There is a box for Quebec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan premiums 2016, what goes here?  I know we paid it last year, but I don't know what the exact amount was and for some reason my 2016 is not saved to my account even though I did it with TurboTax too. Assuming the amount was 650 per person, is this what I put here?

5 Replies
Level 1

I am on the Private Medical Plans page under Deductions. There is a box for Quebec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan premiums 2016, what goes here?

If you are under private medical plan (including drug)  - that means you do nOT pay to Quebec Medical Plan (RAMQ). 

On Schedule K - please select the box that you are enrolled in private plan during the entire year.

This case you do not pay anything to Quebec drug  plan

hope this helps

Level 1

I am on the RAMQ drug plan so no it doesn't answer my question.
Level 1

Your question is not very clear...

I am assuming that you are referring to CRA form ??????

If your question is for *Med form for CRA - then here is my answer

You can enter either the amount you paid this year to Quebec (which you can see on schedule K line 98)
OR
amount you paid in 2016 (refer to your previous year tax return)

Turbotax uses previous year amount.

Hope this helps
\
Level 1

I'm asking where to get the number for 2016. It appears no where on my Assessment from 2016. I'm using TurboTax Online.
Level 1

see copy of your 2016 Quebec tax return - If you do not have a copy go on-line to Quebec web site.