Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I became non-resident and decided not to repay the remaining balance of my HBP and LLP. As such, I need to include them as income on line 129. How to do this on Turbotax?

1 Reply

I became non-resident and decided not to repay the remaining balance of my HBP and LLP. As such, I need to include them as income on line 129. How to do this on Turbotax?

When you are on the RRSP Profile page (choose RRSP, then RRSP Profile in the side menu), check off that you want to make repayments for both the HBP & LLP. Click Continue until you get to the HBP page. Put the full amount that you need to repay in both the “The balance remaining to be repaid.” & the “Your annual minimum repayment amount” sections, but leave everything else alone. Then click Continue until you get to the LLP page. Again, put the balance to be repaid in the top 2 boxes, and leave everything else as is. Click the Continue button or Save on the bottom of the side menu to save your changes.

Now when you go to your Detailed Tax Summary, you’ll see the balance for both the HBP & LLP added together on line 12900 RRSP income. You can to the Detailed Tax Summary by going clicking on the Review tab, then Bottom Line in the side bar. Then click on the Detailed Tax Summary link in the middle of the page.