Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 31, 2019 12:43:43 AM

I have this error: You must enter a valid QST identification number to claim your Québec Sales Tax Rebate on your employment expenses. This should appear on the TP-64.3-V

I said no when I had been aske for Employment expenses.

I don't have any QST number.

How can I fix?

0 13 3821
13 Replies
Oct 31, 2019 12:43:44 AM

Double check that your answer is No:

Go to My Info> Personal Tax Profile for [Your Name] in the left side menu. Click on the Edit button next to Income & work related expenses. Then make sure “Did you have expenses related to your employment?” is NO.

If you accidently put something in the Employment Expenses section and then changed your answer to NO later, this doesn’t delete the incorrect info. Go to Income> Employment Expenses in the left side menu. Answer YES to the question, so that you can go through and make sure that nothing is filled out in this part.

Feb 24, 2020 8:03:47 AM

i did everything and called customer service but my issue hasn't been resolved yet. Is there a problem with my software?

Mar 20, 2020 11:03:14 AM

I have the same problem...

EDITED

SOLUTION!

Use the Find function, type in Union, select Union or professional dues, click Go. Check that you haven't selected YES as an answer to "Did you pay GST, HST, QST and are you entitled to the GST or HST/QST rebate ?" The answer must be NO.

That fixed the error message for me.

Mar 8, 2023 11:31:38 AM

Many thanks to  janickimaciek

This is the Solution that works!
Turbo Tax software developers : please learn from this and at least try to make a code that does not make users waste their time.

Thanks.

Apr 21, 2023 3:43:46 PM

This error is still impacting me. I can't fix it...can't file in Quebec. Turbo Tax help. I paid for the service and now i am stuck. 

Returning Member
Apr 24, 2023 7:49:51 PM

try fix and in first box type 9times 0 then 4 and in TQ put 0004 

Apr 26, 2023 11:52:41 AM

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help you. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Mar 16, 2024 10:06:53 AM

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me.  TurboTax is really awful.

Mar 16, 2024 10:49:48 AM

Which TurboTax software are you using, Online or Download version?

Apr 15, 2024 7:04:27 AM

I have the same problem, which I have tried to solve a dozen times, without success, and because of which it prevents me from transmitting the declaration to Quebec. I need Turbotax's help to teach me how I can get around it, or solve it.

Apr 15, 2024 5:58:32 PM

@nemontreal Are you claiming employment expenses? If not please make sure that you have not entered any employment expenses and have said no to the question asking if you are claiming them.

To do this in TurboTax Online, click the Find tool (🔍) and search for “emp” in the top box. Click “Employment Expenses” in the bottom box to select it, and then click the Go button.

Also please make sure that you have answered NO to the question "Did you pay GST, HST, QST and are you entitled to the GST or HST/QST rebate ?" on the Union dues page. Use the Find function to search for "Union".

Apr 18, 2024 1:26:38 PM

That worked.  Thanks.

I still wonder why an employee would have to provide their employer's QST number.  This is stupid.  Employees don't have access to this kind of information.  It should not be a requirement to file the Quebec tax.

Apr 18, 2024 1:29:16 PM

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.