Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have this error: You must enter a valid QST identification number to claim your Québec Sales Tax Rebate on your employment expenses. This should appear on the TP-64.3-V

I have the same problem, which I have tried to solve a dozen times, without success, and because of which it prevents me from transmitting the declaration to Quebec. I need Turbotax's help to teach me how I can get around it, or solve it.

I have this error: You must enter a valid QST identification number to claim your Québec Sales Tax Rebate on your employment expenses. This should appear on the TP-64.3-V

@nemontreal Are you claiming employment expenses? If not please make sure that you have not entered any employment expenses and have said no to the question asking if you are claiming them.

To do this in TurboTax Online, click the Find tool (🔍) and search for “emp” in the top box. Click “Employment Expenses” in the bottom box to select it, and then click the Go button.

Also please make sure that you have answered NO to the question "Did you pay GST, HST, QST and are you entitled to the GST or HST/QST rebate ?" on the Union dues page. Use the Find function to search for "Union".

g_bedard3

That worked.  Thanks.

I still wonder why an employee would have to provide their employer's QST number.  This is stupid.  Employees don't have access to this kind of information.  It should not be a requirement to file the Quebec tax.

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.