Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bburgoyne

Where on the medical expenses worksheet do I place the $ amount for claiming full time nursing home facility for my mom who qualifies for disability credit?

The medical expenses worksheet on the turbotax premier 2015 does not have a section for "summary of expenses for care in certain types of facilities (e.g.. care in nursing home)" so I am not sure where to place the $ amount for the care expenses for my moms nursing home facility. She is eligible to claim them as she is eligible for the disability amount.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where on the medical expenses worksheet do I place the $ amount for claiming full time nursing home facility for my mom who qualifies for disability credit?

You can usually only claim one or the other but not both.  There are certain circumstances where you can do both, but it is specific.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/rc4065/rc4065-e.html#ttndntcr

View solution in original post

6 Replies

You can usually only claim one or the other but not both.  There are certain circumstances where you can do both, but it is specific.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/rc4065/rc4065-e.html#ttndntcr

bburgoyne

I have chosen to claim the nursing home care instead of the DTC. Where on the actual medical expense worksheet should I claim the cost of the nursing home care?
bburgoyne

I notice the problem of advising CRA that my mother is DTC eligible, but we are not claiming - was raised to turbotax last year and has not been fixed. I also note that there is no place on the worksheet to actually identify the details of the nursing care facility. So, I am not sure where to place the details of the nursing care facility costs.

Your mother should be listed as a dependant.  It will not show up properly until you go back to your profile and work your way through until you get to deductions. There are two questions there that you need to check off. One is medical expenses for you, if you have any, and the other is "Do you have medical expenses for a dependant" Make sure that is checked.  Then you can go to the deductions tab and down to medical.  Continue past your expenses, click done with medical, and, at long last, you will find a screen that allows you to enter the expenses for your mother.
bburgoyne

OK, thank you for your help
chestnut-sharon6
Returning Member

If you are looking for where to put Disability Nursing home deductions for turbo tax online please go to Deductions section on the left hand menu bar and then click on Disability Support Deductions.