Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmorrison

How do i claim the Age tax credit

I am reading the gc, Tax information for seniors and it say that i can claim the age tax credit of $6916.00. Where can i do this in turbotax?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
fuzzy

When you enter your date of birth, TurboTax will automatically calculate the Age amount if you were 65 years of age or older in 2014.  There is nothing more you need to complete or calculate

View solution in original post

11 Replies
fuzzy

When you enter your date of birth, TurboTax will automatically calculate the Age amount if you were 65 years of age or older in 2014.  There is nothing more you need to complete or calculate

Where does it show on my return ?
fuzzy

It will show in the detailed tax summary under non-refundable credits - personal amounts

It did NOT automatically show up on my return. This is not a true statement.
fuzzy

If your net income is $34,873 or less, you will see the age amount as noted above.  If your net income is more than $34,873 but less than  $80,980, your age amount is reduced but will still be reflected in your non-refundable credits.  If your net income is more than $80,980, you are not entitled to the age amount.
DMW1

Thank you for this Superuser response; it is no longer fuzzy!

My income was between $35,000. and 55,000.00 and it would not enter anything. I did it over and over and over and now I am taking this program back and never use it again and am hiring someone. I used it other years and it was great. It does not work.

Where can I over ride the automatic and insert it into the proper line.
brenda9a9

offered me the age credit tax , tho i'm sixty.    thought perhaps the age is lowered. Read thro, says if 65