Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wtruong

Problems on Line 208 of G1 form.

I retired a few years ready, I did not contribute to RRSP since then. The line 208 of G1 shows an amount of $17.00 while the screen of RRSP and PRPP Receipts shows empty. How do I correct it?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You may have carried forward Unused RRSP contributions from prior years.  This is reported as Amount B on your RRSP Deduction Limit Statement.  In your TurboTax you would select "RRSP Profile" and select "Have Unused RRSP/PRPP contributions ...".  Proceed to see if any amounts are reported.  The final authority will be what has been reported on your RRSP Deduction Limit Statement in your Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You may have carried forward Unused RRSP contributions from prior years.  This is reported as Amount B on your RRSP Deduction Limit Statement.  In your TurboTax you would select "RRSP Profile" and select "Have Unused RRSP/PRPP contributions ...".  Proceed to see if any amounts are reported.  The final authority will be what has been reported on your RRSP Deduction Limit Statement in your Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency.