Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to claim other employment expenses on Line 229 (repayment of salary/wages). how do I do this?

I am experiencing the same problem, I am using online version.  Why isn't there any field for me to simply input the amount of repaid salary?  My employer told me to enter the amount on line 22900, but this poor software won't allow me to do it.  Any admin here going to comment?  This is holding up my return.

silverwinged
Returning Member

Need to claim other employment expenses on Line 229 (repayment of salary/wages). how do I do this?

same issue. 

has anyone found a solution? this needs to be resolved. 

I don't think you can enter it in the Expenses section of the online version of turbotax2021, but thankfully there is a workaround:

Enter repaid salary as a deduction.  To do this, go to "deductions", then "other deductions", then "miscellaneous deductions", click continue, then you will be brought to a page that says "additional deductions".  At the bottom there is a blank field where you can enter an additional deduction, go ahead and write "repayment of salary/wages" and then the amount in the adjacent field.  I did this and my Return was assessed successfully.

silverwinged
Returning Member

Thank you so much for this @imymanz 

Did your entry show up on line 256 when you filed? When I enter this way, the amount shows up on that line when I preview my return.

Thanks!

Yes, it will show up on line 25600.

To enter repayment was for salary or wages in TurboTax Online, click on Find (magnifying glass) in the top right-hand corner. Type "emp" in the box, then select "Employment Expenses" from the list, and click “Go”.

On the "Employment Expenses" page, click the “Yes” button. Select “T2200”, then click “Continue”.

On the "Employment Expense Profile" page, select “Other Employment Expenses”. Answer “No” to the question “Are you eligible to claim the GST/HST rebate?

On the "Employment Expense Profile" page, enter your salary/wage repayment in the box labeled “Other expenses” (the 9th box on the page). Click “Continue” to save your changes.

This will enter your salary/wage repayment on Line 22900 - Other employment expenses.

DG2486

In this year's version of TurboTax, the following option is not available:

On the "Employment Expenses" page, click the “Yes” button. Select “T2200”, then click “Continue”.

My "other employment expenses" for Line 22900 have nothing to do with Covid work requirements but amounts that I repaid for a period when I was entitled to receive wage-loss replacement benefits.

I am supposed to put the amount I repaid into Line 22900 but can't find a way to do that.

@DG2486 For 2022, when you reach the "Employment Expense Profile" page, check off "Other Employment Expenses" and click Continue. Then you'll see a whole page of boxes for other expenses. If your expense isn't specifically listed, you can enter it in the 1st "Other Expenses" (above Artist's employment expenses).