Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yau_jason

I experienced a bug where the child care receipts were not being included in the deduction. This was working before in TurboTax 2016.

I'm using TurboTax Standard 2017. I have entered 3 Child care receipts but they were not being included in form T778. Double click on the empty Child care expenses paid field bring me back to the receipts. I have double checked the easy steps question and I am the lower income parent.

3 Replies

I experienced a bug where the child care receipts were not being included in the deduction. This was working before in TurboTax 2016.

If you are using Forms mode, ensure that you have selected Yes to the question regarding "Lives with taxpayer" in the Dependants info box.

Also, check that proper dates have been entered for the receipts.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647991

ahmike

Hi, 

My child lives with my separated spouse. Do I still select as living with me even though she does not? Is this the required workaround for this bug? As per the CRA on this link,  https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-re..., "The child must have lived with you or the other person when the expense was incurred for the expense to qualify." Therefore, the receipts should be applicable whether the child lives with me or not.  

ahmike

Here is a screenshot from the CRA site as the link appears to not be working correctly.

Untitled.jpg