Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter the Canada Child Benefit I received last year on tax return this year ?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where do I enter the Canada Child Benefit I received last year on tax return this year ?

You don’t need to enter the Canada Child Benefit amount you received on your tax return. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You don’t need to enter the Canada Child Benefit amount you received on your tax return. 

Hi Susan would you be able to advise in this regarding entering the RRSP contribution amounts, I am a bit confused 

FOR EG.

TAX file for 2018

Issuer of RRSP;  X Employer
Contributions for 2018 : $1000
Contributions for the First 60 Days of 2019 : $2000

TAX file for 2019
Issuer of RRSP;  X Employer
Contributions for 2019 : $2000 ( This amount is the same as I already entered in my tax file 2018, can I still repeat enter this amount under 2019 ?)
Contributions for the First 60 Days of 2020 : $1000

Does the above look legal and correct
I hope this makes sense
Thank you
Joseph
TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Report in 2018 Tax return:

RRSP contribution March 2, 2018, - Dec 31, 2018 > remainder of the year

RRSP contribution Jan 1, 2019, - March 1, 2019 > first 60 days

unused contribution from prior years in any > found in the notice of assessment or AFR (has to be reported before)

Report in 2019:

RRSP contribution March 2, 2019, - Dec 31, 2019 > remainder of the year

RRSP contribution Jan 1, 2020, - March 1, 2020 > first 60 days

unused contribution from prior years in any > found in the notice of assessment or AFR (has to be reported before)

If there is any contribution in 2018 that has not been reported yet, and you have already filed your 2018 tax return > you will need to file a T1-Adjustment for 2018 or Refile the 2018 return to include the new information. 

Below is an example screenshot from TurboTax online:

I hope this was helpful