Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I enter the date of the invoice or receipt when entering medical expenses?

7 Replies

Should I enter the date of the invoice or receipt when entering medical expenses?

Please use the date of the receipt (the date you paid).

N67

WHERE in turboTax Canada do you enter the date!!!!  The field is no where to be seen, and turbo tax defaults 31dec

N67

Where do you enter the date.  There is no where for it to be entered!?!  Thanks.

N67

where is turbotax support?

@N67 are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

N67

In TurboTax Online, you won’t see an option to enter a date on the receipt unless you indicated that you have receipts for the previous year. If you only have receipts for the current tax year, there will be no box for the date. You don’t need to include the date of the receipts unless you are changing the 12-month claim period to something other than Jan 01 – Dec 31 2019.