Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cher2

What form do Political Donations go onto?

I have entered my Political Donations into TurboTax but I cannot see them transferring into my 2019 return.  Please advise.

2 Replies

You will find your political contribution totalled on Lines 40900 and 41000: Federal political contributions tax credit.

While using the TurboTax Online version, go to the left-hand side menu where you see 2019 TAX REFUND and click on the arrow to the right of it. In your tax return list click on View detailed tax summary. This will open the Detailed Tax Summary screen on the right-hand side. Scroll down to Refund or balance owing where you will see your political contribution tax credit on line 41000.

While using the TurboTax CD/Download version, go to the Forms icon at the top right-hand side in the easy steps mode. Then at the bottom left-hand side of the screen click on the Forms tab then on T1 General. Scroll down to page 7, Part C - Net federal tax and you will see your political contribution entered on line 40900.

CL11
Level 1

I have the same problem, I click on Political and enter my amount but it does not translate into T1 Shedule line 40900.  I have to override F2 and enter the amount in there.

I had the same problem with 2018 turbo tax as well.

Please correct your software.