Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Henry31

Search Results: I am filing 2014 (premier) return. I have not entered medical expenses yet but it shows over $1000 as already entered. What is going on?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Sally71

Search Results: I am filing 2014 (premier) return. I have not entered medical expenses yet but it shows over $1000 as already entered. What is going on?

You may have carry forward some from the previous year.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sally71

You may have carry forward some from the previous year.
Henry31

What it did was carried forward all of my medical expenses that I claimed last year.  This is definitely a bug in the software. How do I get it fixed?
Sally71

This is not a bug.  Credits are carried forward.  All you need to do is go to the beginning where you enter medical expenses and make sure the amount you want to claim is correct. Also, delete the credit from last year.
Henry31

This is definitely a bug.  I claimed all these expenses on last year's return and I assumed they were accepted.  I did not check my return after filing because I have been using TurboTax for a number of years and I had no errors (that I am aware of). I checked my last year's return and found out they were not accepted, because the system automatically dated them all as dec.31, 2013 and when it asked me for a date range, I entered Jan. 15 to dec. 15, 2013 which was the actual rage for my receipts. I noticed this year it did not ask for a date range, but it dated all my 2014 medical receipts as dec. 31, 2014.