Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mglenn

How do I enter charitable donations?

I have $1753 in charitable donations
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When using TurboTax Standard, you will be asked if you made charitable donations in the profile section of your return.  Answer Yes to the question and then you will be prompted to select which type of donation you made.  You will then be able to fill out the details of your donation in the deductions section of your return.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

When using TurboTax Standard, you will be asked if you made charitable donations in the profile section of your return.  Answer Yes to the question and then you will be prompted to select which type of donation you made.  You will then be able to fill out the details of your donation in the deductions section of your return.

Hi, I have been using the Turbo Tax Premier for years but this year my situation is simpler so using the Standard version. I indicate that I have charitable donations, and none of the secondary options apply to me, and then I am never promoted to enter the donations. I tried it twice.
vivianfeng0826
Returning Member

When I entered my charitable donations, the Turbo Tax asked me to upgrade before it can proceed to next step?? my donations are shown on my T4 and it is not a locked item on my page. Why you set it up in this way??

cjuliustc
Returning Member

have not entered the charitable donations

If you are using TurboTax Online - You will go to the top right, type in Donations Profile- highlight and click on Go.

Check off the second box: Donation receipts made to a qualified charitable organization not reported on a T-Slip

Continue- Enter your donation amount and continue- Then click on "Done with donations".

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.