Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I claim Dental and Orthodontic payments on my income tax return under the medical expense section?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
fuzzy

Can I claim Dental and Orthodontic payments on my income tax return under the medical expense section?

Yes.  However you can only claim the amount that was not reimbursed or for which you were not entitled to be reimbursed.  If any of the amounts were paid for purely cosmetic purposes, such as teeth whitening, they cannot be claimed.  For a list of eligible medical expenses please see http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns300-350/330-331/menu-eng.html#...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

When filing with Turbo Tax how can these be claimed as I didn't see an option for this?
fuzzy

In the profile area you are asked if you have any medical expense.  Check yes
fuzzy

Yes.  However you can only claim the amount that was not reimbursed or for which you were not entitled to be reimbursed.  If any of the amounts were paid for purely cosmetic purposes, such as teeth whitening, they cannot be claimed.  For a list of eligible medical expenses please see http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns300-350/330-331/menu-eng.html#...

Do not know what my activation code is.

Where do I find activation code?