Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I write in "care of" section in mailing address part when I am filling the form for myself?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What should I write in "care of" section in mailing address part when I am filling the form for myself?

The care of section is only if you are sending it to an address where someone else will be picking up your mail. 

You don't need to enter anything.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

The care of section is only if you are sending it to an address where someone else will be picking up your mail. 

You don't need to enter anything.

Thank you for your response. That is exactly what I did. However, When I leave it blank and go to the review section, it finds it as an issue and says
"Invalid characters have been detected in the entry for your address and/or city. The entries cannot include an ampersand (&), an asterisk (*), spaces after the entry or a period as a first or last character. All address fields must also begin and end with an alpha or numeric character. Please correct to make the return eligible for NETFILE."

This has nothing to do with the care of -section- you might have a "." or # put in accidently and can't see it. Try checking line by line once again. Also at time people put an O for their postal code instead of a ZERO "0" which will cause an error.

You are right. There was a (') in one of the line mistakenly I put. Thank you so much

netfile