How do I remove overrides to make my return NETFIL...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
CanadaEnglishEN

Pick a language

CanadaFrançais United States of AmericaEnglish
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboTax Support
Intuit

How do I remove overrides to make my return NETFILE eligible (CD/Download edition)?

If you're using the CD/download version of TurboTax, some of your overrides may prevent you from using the NETFILE service. In order to use NETFILE, you will need to remove the overrides that are causing the issue.

You can do this automatically using the EasyStep interview, or you can view each field using Forms view, and remove the overrides one by one.

1. When TurboTax displays the error message, select Fix. On the subsequent screen, select Remove Overrides. A dialogue box will appear.
  2. Select Yes to cancel all NETFILE-restricting overrides. The values will be replaced with those calculated by TurboTax.
  1. Select Forms from the menu at the top of your screen.
  2. Open the Edit menu, select Form Overrides, then Find/Remove Overrides.
  3. On the Find dialogue box, select Find Next. Your cursor will automatically move to the overridden field causing the issue.
  4. Select Remove Override. The field's value will be reset to the calculated amount.
  5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to continue removing overrides. The Find Next button will be greyed out once you've removed all the NETFILE-restricting overrides.

Related information:

Why am I not eligible to file my return using NETFILE?

What is the difference between NETFILE and eFILE?

When is NETFILE available?

Why is NETFILE disabled?

What is NETFILE?

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in
v