Before entering your childcare expense amounts, you need to enter some basic info about your dependants.
- How do I enter dependants in online editions of TurboTax?
- How do I enter dependants in the CD/download edition of TurboTax?
Once you've entered your dependants:
- In the upper-right corner of your screen, select Find. (The Find button is visible once you've completed the Introduction/Profile sections of your return. If you don't see it, go back to those sections and enter all your information.)
- In the Find window, type "Child care expenses," select it from the list and then select Go.
- Answer Yes to the question Did you pay for child care? and then follow the steps to enter your child care expenses.
Note: If you are a resident of Quebec, you'll need to enter your information on both the child care receipt screen and the Relevé 24 screen.
If applicable, TurboTax will prompt you to apply for the additional Child Care Expense Tax Credit.