Before entering your childcare expense amounts, you need to enter some basic info about your dependants.
- How do I enter dependants in online editions of TurboTax?
- How do I enter dependants in the CD/download edition of TurboTax?
Once you've entered your dependants:
- In the upper-right corner of your screen, select Find*.
- In the Find window, type "Child care expenses," select it from the list and then select Go.
- Answer Yes to the question Did you pay for child care? and then follow the steps to enter your child care expenses.
*If you don't see the Find button, you may not have completed the Setting Up/Introduction section of your return. Continue through the Setting Up section until the Find button appears.
Note for Quebec: If applicable, TurboTax will prompt you to claim the additional provincial tax credit for childcare expenses.