Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
English EN

Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboTax Support

Can I claim medical expenses that I paid for a dependant who is not my minor child?

Yes. You can claim eligible medical expenses that you paid for your or your spouse/partner's child over 18, parent, grandparent, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew.

In order to be eligible, the dependant must have depended on you for support and lived with you during the tax year, or have been a resident of Canada during the tax year. The residency condition does not apply if the dependant was your or your spouse or common-law partner's child or grandchild.

Related Information

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in