Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching a receipt on thee file return realize I don't have to send it but I made a large contribution

I made  large contribution to my rrsp and I don't want to wait months try ing to get my refund this is why I would like to attach my receipt to my e file return
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Attaching a receipt on thee file return realize I don't have to send it but I made a large contribution

I don't think there is a way to do this, for one thing.  For another, anything that is unusual or unexpected, like extra forms attached, is likely to cause the netfile to fail, or CRA to put it on hold while they look at it.  They do regularly see large RRSP amounts, so unless you have contributed more than your RRSP deduction limit allows, it should not delay your refund.  If you have over-contributed, it will cause other problems.  Netfiling as it is will be the fastest way.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I don't think there is a way to do this, for one thing.  For another, anything that is unusual or unexpected, like extra forms attached, is likely to cause the netfile to fail, or CRA to put it on hold while they look at it.  They do regularly see large RRSP amounts, so unless you have contributed more than your RRSP deduction limit allows, it should not delay your refund.  If you have over-contributed, it will cause other problems.  Netfiling as it is will be the fastest way.