Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claimed Property Tax doesn't show up in box 61120 on Form ON-BEN

Hi there,

I'm using the desktop version of the Turbotax Standard and I have some challenges as after proceeding with the property tax amount during easystep wizard, under Provincial -> Property Tax and Rent section, I can NOT see the numbers populated in box 61120 on Form ON-BEN, all the fields are empty in the form !

Anybody could help explaining why is that ?  

Thank you in advance !

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

To see if anything was missed during the entry of your property tax amount, please see the following link from the Canada Revenue Agency: How do I apply for the 2020 OEPTC?

Here are the steps reviewed from inside the return. First, click on 1-Find at the top right of the screen and type 2-provincial and choose 3-Provincial tax credit profile then 4-Go. Please see the screenshot included below.

This screen below will open. Make sure to check the box indicated by an arrow and then Continue at the bottom of the screen.

Enter your information on the next screen then Continue till you reach the screen Apply for 2020 Ontario energy credits.

On this screen make sure to answer yes to Are you applying for the 2020 Ontario energy and property tax credit? When you do this you will see the X get entered on line 61020 at the bottom of the screen. If you verify on Forms you should see 61020 ticked and your property tax amount included on line 61120.

Please feel free to contact us if these steps did not solve the issue. One of our telephone support agents would be able to help you better as they can view your screen, if necessary, to guide you. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page.

Thank you for your patience.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

To see if anything was missed during the entry of your property tax amount, please see the following link from the Canada Revenue Agency: How do I apply for the 2020 OEPTC?

Here are the steps reviewed from inside the return. First, click on 1-Find at the top right of the screen and type 2-provincial and choose 3-Provincial tax credit profile then 4-Go. Please see the screenshot included below.

This screen below will open. Make sure to check the box indicated by an arrow and then Continue at the bottom of the screen.

Enter your information on the next screen then Continue till you reach the screen Apply for 2020 Ontario energy credits.

On this screen make sure to answer yes to Are you applying for the 2020 Ontario energy and property tax credit? When you do this you will see the X get entered on line 61020 at the bottom of the screen. If you verify on Forms you should see 61020 ticked and your property tax amount included on line 61120.

Please feel free to contact us if these steps did not solve the issue. One of our telephone support agents would be able to help you better as they can view your screen, if necessary, to guide you. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks a lot for your reply, it helped to get it sorted out!