Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
purple7320
Returning Member

Do I have to check the "more than one employer" box in the TD1 BC form if I have 2 jobs? I never filled a TD1 BC form with my first employer. And my 2nd employer for my new job is asking me to submit the form.

I'm not sure if I should check the "more than 1 employer" because the form said

" If you have more than one employer or payer at the same time and you have already claimed personal tax credit amounts on another Form TD1BC for 2021, you cannot claim them again."

I have more than 1 employer but I don't think I've claimed personal tax credit amounts because my 1st employer didn't asked me to fill out the TD1 BC form.

1 Reply

Do I have to check the "more than one employer" box in the TD1 BC form if I have 2 jobs? I never filled a TD1 BC form with my first employer. And my 2nd employer for my new job is asking me to submit the form.

Yes, if you have more than one employer, you need to check the "more than 1 employer" box on the form and follow subsequent instructions.

However specific to your case, it is advisable to check with your first employer about the computation and deduction of the employment taxes from your first employer and then fill up the TD1BC form accordingly. Your accounts / HR department maybe able to help you with the same.

For more information on the TD1BC form please refer - TurboTax TD1BC Form

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team for further assistance or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.