Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Apr 14, 2024 7:07:10 PM

Do i have to pay the premiums payable under the Québec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan

Hello,

My income is 34,004 by year, and my employer doesn't provide any health insurance.

I live in QC.

When I tried to file my tax using online Turbotax, it gave me a warning that I might have to pay the premiums for the Québec Prescription Drug Insurance Plan, but I want went ahead and reviewed the "questionnaire", and I answered NO to all, and clicked continue, it didn't calculate any thing extra and it still showing me the warning.

How can i be sure that I am filing my taxes correctly?

Thanks 🙂

0 4 2150
4 Replies
Apr 15, 2024 9:55:25 AM

Are you working for a Quebec company or from another province?

Apr 15, 2024 9:58:50 AM

I am working for a Quebec company, and they don't offer any kind of insurance. Thanks

Apr 15, 2024 2:31:29 PM

If you are sure that what you entered is correct, then you can ignore the warnings.

However, if you have a health insurance card issued by the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ), you are required to be covered by a private group insurance plan that provides basic prescription drug insurance or Québec's public prescription drug insurance plan. So, please double check that you have answered the questions correctly.

Apr 20, 2024 9:09:24 AM

Thanks a lot.

I re-filled up all the information couple times, and still showing me warnings.. I was afraid I will be penalized at the end, so I went ahead and asked an accountant to do the filling for me old fashion way.

Thanks again.