Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jma1
Returning Member

Downloaded deluxe. I have to file taxes for my family in only one state. How many times can I efile in one state after paying the $25 for state efile?

I am wondering if I get more than one efile instance if I pay the $25 for efileing in MA?

I have a family if five and need to file taxes for each of my kids. 

I have Turbotax deluxe downloaded. 

Thanks. 

3 Replies

Downloaded deluxe. I have to file taxes for my family in only one state. How many times can I efile in one state after paying the $25 for state efile?

Since there are only 5 free federal tax return e-files so the state tax return can be e-filed 5 times.  After the 5 e-files are used all other tax returns have to be printed and mailed.

jma1
Returning Member

Thanks. Do I have to pay $25 each time I efile for the state or can I pay once for all 5?

@jma1 wrote:

Thanks. Do I have to pay $25 each time I efile for the state or can I pay once for all 5?

There is a e-file charge of $24.99 for each state tax return e-filed.  This charge can be avoided by printing and mailing the state tax return.