Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shandar220
Returning Member

ERROR: My Federal Return Was Not Accepted by CRA

I have tried several times to submit my taxes via netfile and I keep getting the same message.  I have confirmed I can log into my cra account.  I have confirmed my netfile code is correct.  I have even tried to file without my netfile code as I understand this is optional. 

NOTE:  At one point last week I was receiving specific errors on my tax return which I have since corrected but I haven't been able to submit since.   I really don't want to print this out and submit...how do I get past this error from the software perspective as this is not a CRA account issue because I can log into my account. 

Your federal return was not accepted by the CRA

Message from CRA

Your account is locked. If you need assistance, please contact us.contact ushttps://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information.html

You can:

Make the changes to your tax return as outlined by the CRA above. Then, go to the "Print and File" tab to submit your return with NETFILE.

If you don't want to update your return, print and mail it to the CRA.

2 Replies
kvk1

I've tried to submit my taxes by receiving this error:

your federal return was not accepted buy the  CRA

message from CRA
one or more entries in your tax return require correction. the data entered is either invalid or missing mandatory info....

I've used this product for more than 8 years and this is the first time of this error.

I also don't know what is missing/incorrect. No details are provided.

when I look at the responses on the internet they gave me the impression this wasn't the product, but I've tried the past two days, and still end result.

the intent of using this product is to NETFILE my return. HELP!!!!

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.