Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 31, 2019 5:41:04 AM

Hi. It's the first time I'm doing the taxes process in Canada. I'm an international student. I missed the deadline to send the documents. Can I still send?

0 4 1596
1 Best answer
Oct 31, 2019 5:41:05 AM

The duplicate is an archive version for your records, to get the version that you need to mail to the CRA in TurboTax Online:

1. On the left side menu, select File, and then select CRA Online Mail.

2. Continue through the interview until you get to the Filing your return(s) page. There, click the Print & Mail your return(s) button.

3. Click on the Open a PDF of your federal return for printing link to open/save a PDF of your CRA barcode return.

4 Replies
Oct 31, 2019 5:41:05 AM

The duplicate is an archive version for your records, to get the version that you need to mail to the CRA in TurboTax Online:

1. On the left side menu, select File, and then select CRA Online Mail.

2. Continue through the interview until you get to the Filing your return(s) page. There, click the Print & Mail your return(s) button.

3. Click on the Open a PDF of your federal return for printing link to open/save a PDF of your CRA barcode return.

Oct 31, 2019 5:41:07 AM

Thank you very much for your help.

Oct 31, 2019 5:41:10 AM

Yes, you can still mail in your return and documents. If you don’t owe taxes, then you likely won’t face any penalties.

Oct 31, 2019 5:41:11 AM

Thank you very much. But I can only view a duplicate version of the document, how can I download the original?