Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted Sep 29, 2024 10:42:13 AM

How do I report T3 and T5 multiple transactions in Turbotax for business when the payers and the payee have different dates for the end of the fiscal year? Can we consolidate multiple source of income from the same ETF?

I have T5 and T3 records that report ETF and Stocks income
These T5 and T3 are released by Questrade and they cover income from multiple companies in one slip
Obviously there is multiple sources of investment income and ETFs add more complexity as their return income that falls in different categories, like below

Other IncomeT3 B26
Eligible DividendsT3 B49
Non-Eligible DividendsT3 B50
Foreign Non-Business IncomeT3 B51
Interest from Canadian sourcesT5 B13
Dividends from Canadian corporationsT5 B24
Dividends from foreign sourcesT5 B15

I have Ishares which returns

Return of capital, Eligible dividends

from two sources:
ISHARES S&P/TSX COMPOSITE HIGH DIVIDEND INDEX ETF 
ISHARES S&P/TSX 60 INDEX ETF

I have Vanguard which return

s Retruns of Capital, Capital gain div, Foreign Income and Other income and it has three sources:

VANGUARD FTSE CDN HIGH DIVID YIELD INDEX ETF TR UNIT
VANGUARD FTSE CDN CAPPED REIT INDEX ETF TR UNIT
VANGUARD GROWTH ETF PORTFOLIO ETF UNIT
First question: do we consolidate the sources of income within each ETF and report them on one line in Schedule 3?
Second questions: if my corporation year end is on May31 and other companies have an yead end Dec 31 or different than  my company's year end,  will their returns have to be split in two and reported so (from my corps fiscal year perspective their records will come from two consecutive fiscal years for them like in the picture below)

0 350
0 Replies