Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot Print return for my records, and I cannot file (NETFILE option is disabled)

Using TurboTax on a desktop.

When I complete my return and try to print a copy for my records, I get an error saying the government had not finalized some of the forms (but I have no clue which are an issue ... I have a VERY simple tax return).

When I try to actually file, the NETFILE option is disabled, even though I qualify.  The cursor just switches to a red circle with a line through it.

When I try to update TurboTax I get a dialog that my version is up-to-date.

So when will an update be available that contains the right forms ??? (I have no clue which one is causing issues, but NETFILE has been open since the start of this week and I still cannot file).

When will the final version be available?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I cannot Print return for my records, and I cannot file (NETFILE option is disabled)

New update contains unlocked T657, so now I can save as .pdf/print and the NETFILE option is available.

Thank You ... and a request for 2021 version to prioritize T657 earlier in the release process (the form is used by way too many people).

View solution in original post

19 Replies
JeffWood
Returning Member

I have the same problem, I have even gone so far as to re-enter everything from scrap and still have the same problem

Same problem here as I am waiting for CRA to finalize form T657.  Until that is done I cannot Save As PDF, nor can I NETFILE.  Come on, man, it's end February and these forms that are pretty standard for most Canadians are still awaiting approval?!?!?

I looked at the forms that are still being finalized in the FAQ https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-topics/help/why-does-turbotax-say-my-forms-haven-...

It lists T1139 (business income) and T657 (capital gains). Neither one of these applies to me ... I did not have business income and do not have capital gains (all of my investments are in registered accounts so am not declaring/ claiming any capital gains).

So why am I being blocked from filing ???

I have the same issue. Why I cannot netfile my report?

EAnn
Level 2

same issue.  Very annoying given that none of the forms under review apply to me.  Disappointed in the lack of communication from TurboTax regarding update glitches.

I think I found the reason for my issue.

I do not have any capital gains that I am claiming for 2020 (all investments in registered accounts), but when I switch to Forms view, the form T657 is open. I scanned its content, and there is no useful information entered on it, other than a carry-over capital loss from 1999 (yes, 20 years ago). So looks like this is blocking me from filing.

Looking at the CRA site, the 2020 T657 has been finalized/ last updated January 18, 2020 (6 weeks ago).

So the issue is not with CRA, but rather with Intuit, and the time it takes them to provide the update.

I know CRA tweaks the forms each year ... but come on, this form is used by most adult Canadians. You are in the business of getting paid for software that people expect to be able to use, so please release an update. In my case it is holding up a tax refund close to $10K for no particular good reason.

EAnn
Level 2

Thank you!!! for posting your update.  I believe that is the same form that is holding up completing my return.  Appreciate the time it took you to investigate the problem; saves me time with my analysis.  Over one hour on the phone with a rep who was of little help except to raise a ticket.   I agree that Intuit is not on the ball this year with updates. 

WesHab

I was able to Netfile after clearing form T657.  There was data there from previous years but did not apply to my current tax return.

I am not a tax expert (or TurboTax expert) but I would probably recommend against doing this (clearing the form and filing).

In my case the data on the T657 is from previous years (1999 capital loss that has not been claimed yet) and it is carried over each year until I can use it to reduce gains in taxable accounts (right now all my gains are in registered accounts (TFSA, RRSP, RIF) so I am not using it). Clearing the form and filing MAY result in the amounts not being carried over in future years when using TurboTax, so you'd have to somehow restore the amounts manually.

But I am not sure if that is the case (someone from Intuit would need to chime in).

For now I will wait for the T657 to unlock (hopefully SOON !!!)