CanadaEnglishEN

Pick a language

CanadaFrançais United States of AmericaEnglish
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ds2020

I cant file my claim because its saying i am self employed, but i am not self employed

PLEASE HELP!! 

im trying to submit my 2019 claim and it wont let me because it says i have self employment income, i am NOT self employed. I have a T4-A from my fulltime job (they give us a prepaid visa each month as part of our incentives) with the only amount being in box 28. I dont know how to fill out my "self employment profile" because i am not self employed. please help! i really want to file my tax return but it will not allow me to. 

2 Replies
TurboTaxSusan

I cant file my claim because its saying i am self employed, but i am not self employed

If you know that the amount in Box 28 on your T4A doesn’t consist of fees collected for services you provided (i.e. self-employment income), then make sure you answer NO to the question underneath Box 28.

To edit your T4A in TurboTax Online:

1. In the upper-right corner of your screen, select Find (magnifying glass)*.

2. In the Find window, type in “T4A” and select “T4A Pension, Retirement, Annuity”. Click the “Go” button.

3. Select Edit next to the T4A you want to change.

bjmcoll

I tried going back and there is nowhere showing that it states I am self employed.  It does not take me to any T4A slips that allows you to say NO under line 28 as there is no T4A slips that have been filled in. 

I have listed all the slips correctly and it still says I have to fill in self employed information WHICH I AM NOT.  I ignore the warning and it will not let me netfile because of the stupid warning. HOW DO I GET PAST THIS so I can netfile accordingly, like I have done every other year. 

v