Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

Français English
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I don’t know what province to file for.

I lived in Saskatchewan but got work in the Yukon in August. It wasn’t a permanent move but ended up being 11 months. I had only change my banking address to the Yukon. Where should I file?
1 Reply

I don’t know what province to file for.

Normally you should file with the province that you resided in as of December 31st, 2018.  However, if you only moved to work, you would file with the province that you have the strongest residential ties.  Please see the link for more information, https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/information-been-mo....