Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enyuhlukas
Returning Member

I finished my tax return but it still says in progress and I completed it about a week ago do I need to netfile for it fully completed?

1 Reply

I finished my tax return but it still says in progress and I completed it about a week ago do I need to netfile for it fully completed?

Your return will show as being “In Progress” until you NETFILE your return. If you haven’t NETFILEd your return, then your return wasn’t filed and nothing was sent to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). If you are waiting for a refund, it won’t come until after the CRA has received and processed your return.

To NETFILE your return, use the Find tool (magnifying glass) to search for "CRA", then select "CRA Online Mail" from the list and click Go. Then click Continue until you get to the Filing Hub page. On that page you’ll find the NETFILE button.

If you are unable to NETFILE your return, and sent your return by mail instead then the status won’t change, since we have no way of knowing if/when the CRA gets your envelope.