Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot netfile

I have been using Turbotax for over a decade without any problem. For the past 5 years, at least, it has been TurboTax Premier.

This year (2020 tax year), when I try to file both my and my spouse's taxes as usual, I am able to save a pdf for her and select file through netfile, and cannot save a pdf for me nor am able to select netfile as filing method.

I went through several times, there are no errors at all for either of us.

I have compared meticulously with our 2019 tax file (Turbotax software) and everything matches 100%.

Is there any known error somewhere? Has anyone else experienced this?

14 Replies

Cannot netfile

BTW, I am getting an error saying federal forms are not finalized yet and am asked to update my SW. However, everything is up to date.

Also, I can file the QC tax.

Cannot netfile

I have the same problem.  I successfully Netfiled my wife's return, but that option is greyed out for me.  How does one get a response from TurboTax for something like this?

Cannot netfile

No Solution yet. I spoke with an Intuit agent on Saturday evening and she even got to my PC remotely (assuring me that she only sees the screen and does not have any control over it) to try to see what is happening, but no luck. You can try to call their customer service if you haven't yet..

Cannot netfile

I also had an unsuccessful exchange with an Intuit rep.  His advice was that I would have to do a paper return BUT TurboTax would not let me do that either!  There was, however, a pop-up screen which indicated that there were additional forms needed, meaning that TurboTax is not fully up to date.  I will try again in a week or so to see if an update has solved the problem.

Cannot netfile

Yes, I am getting that message as well, BUT not for my wife and two other people who are filing their taxes with the same SW. I will try to simulate a return where I will "reduce" my complexity (in fact I only have dividends and share a property) and see if it will accept my return (I will know as soon as I am able to create the PDF or if Revenue Quebec accepts it, as it does now...that is, currently I am able to file Quebec but not CRA!!!!! Crazy.

coopcoop
Returning Member

Cannot netfile

just talked with turbotax...forms should be finalized  tomorrow, March 4...try then.

bkabatas

Cannot netfile

I just tried. It worked. It is resolved.

pasimpson
Returning Member

Cannot netfile

I have the same problem. No pdf for wife's return and not allowed to select Submit for wife's return. Have saved a copy of mine and have Submitted mine.

pasimpson
Returning Member

Cannot netfile

I have the same problem. Do you have the phone number for Support? Thanks.